DB Server! what do you recommend?

Problems setting up a server and other server related things

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

satomaso

DB Server! what do you recommend?

Post by satomaso »

I like to rent a DB Server for UT2004 in order to run some custom maps on it.

Thought to have 10 slots public with stabil connection in europe (preferable at swiss,german or french location). I´ve played on some servers from GAMESERVERS with good ping experience.

Gameservers.DE is offering servers for UT2004 or UT2003DB, but no UT2004DB. They´re charging 50Euros/month at 3 months contract.

As an admin, do you recommend to take this offer or are there better ones?

What would I have to chose, if I like to order a UT2004DB Server at GAMESERVERS, is it UT2004?

thanx,
Sato
Messy

Post by Messy »

Are you aware you're posting on forums hosted by gameservers.net? :)

Regardless of you being allowed to speak about concurrents of gameservers.net or not, I'd suggest you take a gs.net server ;) they're good \o/ and experienced with DB :)
satomaso

Post by satomaso »

Are you aware you're posting on forums hosted by gameservers.net?
Yep, of course I´ve recognized that *starenervouslyattheURL* ;)

Anyway thanx for your recommendation.

Sato
satomaso

Post by satomaso »

one thing I couldnt figure out is how to order a UT2004+ Deathball server, as the offer on gameservers.de says only UT2003+DB or UT2004.

I asume its UT2004 , can anyone confirm?

Thnx,
Sato
Ashleh

Post by Ashleh »

Well get any server you like, If you want a server for deathball you can really explore more areas of the community. Have you ever being to #dbpickup @ Quakenet in IRC. This is where ppl who admin Servers, create an open game, where ppl add to and thus once all positions have being added. You play in the game.

Gameservers.net is a good serverhost, so is Jolt. However, if you want to save money go for http://www.gdhost.co.uk . I might be able to get you a discount of some sort. Speak to me, A.Ashley@gmail.com . Ive had count less experience of a server admin.