Add/Remove -> Uninstall Deathball

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just don't get it.

You guys all say no one gives a shit about VO, but I know the VO community in NA was a lot more active then the scrim/mixer community. Now what I don't understand is you reduced the self volley speed for pretty much no other reason then to screw over VO games. How does it help the regular games? No one even has a chance to use it in reg games against a half decent defense.....

Can you at least give a reason as to why it was reduced?
speedy

Post by speedy »

so people don't ego
{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

Yes but removing egoing just makes it too easy for the defenders. Before you had to worry about passes and self sets, now you just cover the passers and let the goalie deal with any slow volleys the ball carrier can put on net.....

Good players know when to pass and when to ego.

And this is just to screw VO anyways. In regular games if the ball carrier shoots the ball on net instead of passing is he egoing? Give me a break....
:blabla:
Last edited by {UFO}Viper on 29-08-2004 09:22, edited 1 time in total.
speedy

Post by speedy »

you know the attackers can boost the defenders away?
GazMaN

Re: LMAO!

Post by GazMaN »

Jas<ASH>Ace wrote: LMAO!!!!! I LOVE THIS GREAT COMMUNITY! Such a charming and sophisticated bunch....Glad I got hooked on 2.0 cuz I wouldn't miss this for the world..... :lol: I mean I would actually rather come here and piss off a few people and make them think I actually CARE ABOUT THIS MOD :p than play 2.1. This has more action than it EVER DID... This is great! KEEP EM COMING.... I need a couple more laughs....\o/ Be a little more CREATIVE than "WHO THE FU** are you?" though....that's been so over done... :D Thanks Drive Thru.....

bored now, this geezer obviously ran out of valid arguments, and to save face for looking like a tart, tried to play on the fantasy that he did it for fun to incite a reaction out of everyone "just as he planned"

gg internet troll 101
{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

speedy wrote: you know the attackers can boost the defenders away?

What's your point? Any decent defender either A) is decent enough with his hammer to prevent that, or B) stays far enough away from the guy to not let him do that.

I still don't see how self sets in VO are any different then shots in regular....
Jas<ASH>Ace

Re: Re: LMAO!

Post by Jas<ASH>Ace »

GazMaN wrote: bored now, this geezer obviously ran out of valid arguments, and to save face for looking like a tart, tried to play on the fantasy that he did it for fun to incite a reaction out of everyone "just as he planned"

gg internet troll 101

GG GheyzMaN... but I would like to have some pics like that joker above, if you don't mind.... There is still a while till we get a playable version of DB, so BRING IT ON! :p Need something to pass the time.... :lol:

And Viper you do make very good points, the same thing I hear everyday on NA servers. I guess the thing that gets me is why force everyone to play ONE way?? That seems to be the point that we can't get across to the Makers and Euros, I mean it was perfectly balanced before with a Good NA REG server, and a Good NA VO server. I mean whatever you were in the mood for that is what you went and played. BAM everyone happy.... but then someone comes up with the idea of HEY there are some guys that are getting a little TOO good with VO, cuz they PRACTICE WAY TO MUCH so we best do something behind the scenes about it.
Its like a kid playing at the park with HIS BALL and a few of his buddies and he's OWNING them. Then a few other guys join in on the game and they start to OWN HIM, so.... what does he do? Take his ball and goes home before the game is over and he loses...... but OF COURSE thats none of the guys around here...I mean why did I even bring that up...:blabla:
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

i cant believe people care about someone leaving, he moans, let him go, dont make a fucking discussion about it.. just play the game..

so crip, dont let the door hit you on the way out!
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

bye.
Messy

Post by Messy »

{UFO}Viper wrote: What's your point? Any decent defender either A) is decent enough with his hammer to prevent that, or B) stays far enough away from the guy to not let him do that.

No attacker should be able to succeed in a 1on1 against a decent defender. :)

edit:
Jas<ASH>Ace wrote: That seems to be the point that we can't get across to the Makers and Euros,
Ah, way to bind this to nationality and make this into a euro-na flamewar again.

Just when you think the community got over that, some n00b* comes along and tries to start it all over again :rolleyes:
Bad move dude, bad move.

*no offense meant by the word n00b :) other than you being relatively new to the community ;) no reference at all to your skill seeing as I'm unfamiliar with your style of play, hence also the amount of skill that you have developed in deathball :)
Last edited by Messy on 30-08-2004 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
CorDawg
Banned

Post by CorDawg »

ROFL this is just like arguing with Larry Bird lol!
Messy

Post by Messy »

Retarded, pointless or funny?
{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

Messy wrote: No attacker should be able to succeed in a 1on1 against a decent defender. :)

Uh that's what I was trying to say. The point is now in VO it's almost impossible to beat a decent defender 2 on 1, and that is just stupid.
Messy

Post by Messy »

2 attackers versus 1 defender = impossible for the defender most of the time :x

I don't get it o_O

Or maybe you meant 1 attacker versus 1 defender + 1 keeper?
You shouldn't be able to score then imo :x would defy the whole point .o/
GazMaN

Re: Re: Re: LMAO!

Post by GazMaN »

Jas<ASH>Ace wrote: GG GheyzMaN...

heh, genius!

you should troll for a living, you have a knack for it