Add/Remove -> Uninstall Deathball

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

CripTonic

Add/Remove -> Uninstall Deathball

Post by CripTonic »

Fuck 2.1, its not even fun.

I play games to have fun, and I had fun in DB by scoring. I don't have fun passing to some inept noob on a pub server. I don't have fun seeing people run faster than my self volley shots. I don't have fun when the balls goes completely through my screen when holding right click to deflect the ball.

I MAY AS WELL CATCH THE BALL, SHOVE IT UP MY ASS, AND RUN BACKWARDS.

DB has officially been uninstalled from my computer, you had a great mod going, then you went and fucked it up. Good luck and good bye, go play your non-sensical FIFA bullshit.

If you havn't realized, yes. I am Surge queers. I came back in 2.0 for UT2004 because some friends of mine were playing DB at a LAN party and it was really fun. So fun I wanted to come back, get in a clan again and play competitvly but this now tops the list of worst version of DB since 1.4.

Goodbye, good riddens.
Fooman

Re: Add/Remove -> Uninstall Deathball

Post by Fooman »

Who is Surge?
priior

Post by priior »

no clue
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Surge pulled a Surge
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

cry more?

i played 5 games tonight, and in none of them were people complaining that it wasn't fun. granted, there were the known bugs to complain about, but they didn't spoil the fun of it.

if you don't wanna play, then don't play, but i don't think crying on the boards about it is worth it

-Weiss
Larc

Post by Larc »

omg... that is so funny. i dont know what to say. i guess some people just like to make a scene and be the center of attention.
fro

Post by fro »

lol surge
CripTonic

Post by CripTonic »

not exactly...

Making a scene is not really my style if you knew me, which you dont so shut up Larc.

I'v been playing since the day 2.0 was released in a lot of pub games, even played a few mixers and it was fun because I could have fun playing the game how I wanted to play it, not how the game forced me to play it.

The game is forcing people to play this game, even look at Maelstroms post. A pass shot goes faster than a bounce-to-volley regardless of if you hit it off a wall or it gets passed to you. On third jump pass the ball rolls below you regardless of if your being a volley whore or not.

Deathball is about winning. Every time someone finds something new to accomplish this goal it gets taken away... Its not like its a warp-hack that instatly teleports the ball into the net and makes the game very one sided. Its not like 1 team has access to the tactics but the other doesnt. Its not like its something that crashes the game. All skills are fair game and always have been.

Dribbling took practice? removed.
Noob Cannon cause by dribble fix? Removed.
Boost trick (which ironically Larc came up with)? Removed.
Accelerated bounce that V3 used. Removed?

In this version alone: perfectly legitimate pass vollies, gone.
Self vollies.. bye bye.

What did all these moved do? they scored goals and won games. Why were they removed again? oh ya, cause David M said so... Both teams could use them, and scoring a goal is a lot more fun that sitting around playing defense all game or getting shot-camped by some defender camping their penelty box which an attacker can do nothing against except pass.

These skills are, or were, all part of the game, they have been developed with the game and instead of removing them, counters to them should have been added... oh wait, there is one. Its called good defense but I guess the Euros that play DB don't seem to realize that if you play DB like hockey rather than soccer the game is substantially funner.

DB has turned from a fast paced arcade style game into a slow ass camp-fest.

New interface? awesome.
Custom models? Kick ass.
Destroying gameplay? no way sunshine.

If teams and players can develop offensive tactics, way in the fuck cant they develop defensive ones to counter them? Oh ya, cause people are LAZY and expect David M to come along and solve all their problems.

Have fun boys, I'm glad you like sheep-ball.

edit: I'd just like to add 1 thing. Ironically, I dont feel so angry about David M anymore after thinking things through. I just feel sorry for all the people that play this game but dont, and never did, use its whole potential.
Last edited by CripTonic on 27-08-2004 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
{UFO}Viper

Post by {UFO}Viper »

Damn I'll miss you on the pubs man. :(

<3 Crippy

Edit: Wtf is this :( <---

That's not a sad face.... :eek:
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

shit...but he aint too wrong.
<_Kapi_>

Post by <_Kapi_> »

All i gotz to say is..... CRY MORE NOOB:lol:
f1end

Post by f1end »

CripTonic wrote: Making a scene is not really my style if you knew me, which you dont so shut up Larc.

Sorry, had to quote that, coming from Surge ;)

BTW, I actually agree with 1 point...

I didn't realise it, but I use self-volley a lot.

How did I not realise? Cos the way I do it isn't against a wall, I use bounce to bounce it off the floor, then volley...it still works, but the speed is lame.

Any chance of making self-volley AFTER a bounce the same as it was?

*Waits for David to say NO!!!
Last edited by f1end on 27-08-2004 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Jas<ASH>Ace

Crip your 100% Right!

Post by Jas<ASH>Ace »

Hey Crip I've played with you Many times since I started the day 2.0 came out. We have had some awesome games together, and I was REALLY taken in by this mod. I saw all the same guys every nite, and really had a lot of fun learning all the tricks of the trade. I know some guys were and still are hard on nOObs, they were and STILL are on me sometimes. :D But that was what Made me try harder and play more, so I could pwn with the rest and not be a nOOb anymore . That time came after a few weeks and I have NEVER played another game since. (Well DOOM3 but that was years in the waiting) I mean I never went back to Reg Unreal or anything. Thing that is funny is DAVIDM said VO was scaring nOObs off, but I've never seen so many EMPTY DB servers since I started playing. So that should tell you something right there. I wish they would put a POLL up on this site, asking which version we would rather play, 2.0 or 2.1. I DARE YOU TO DO THIS! I can already tell you which will win, and I hope that might open your eyes a little and get DEATHBALL BACK! Enough slow soccerball, give us the action and excitement back... PLEASE! Or all the admins, and least the NA servers should reinstall 2.0, like I have already done. So while I sit here refreshing servers waiting for that 2.0 server to pop up , please think about the PLAYERS of DB and not the few nOObs that are too narrow minded to ask for help or play with some bots and get better before coming online. GG CRIP!
Any other Mod makers would of listened to the Players not themselves and went with the majority, cuz that is who is going to stick with the mod till the end. They are going to bring the outside players in and teach them the game. Like I was trying with a "noob" to DB friend of mine. He waited too late and just decided to try it 2 days ago with 2.1, and he gave up after 15 mins saying how boring it was. :rolleyes:
Oh well Crip let me know what other game you play, Instagib or CTF and I'll join ya, at least I wont fall asleep playing it as I do with Sleepball 2.1 :lol:
Diab

Post by Diab »

the basics apply, if you don't like it, dont play it.

bye, hope you have fun playing deathmatches and stuff.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Surge is back and I missed it :(

<3
It wasn't until the long whining (but constructive :o ooh) post that I noticed ;\

Oh well..have fun :D see you in a month time.