DB-Gym

Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

aimbot

DB-Gym

Post by aimbot »

My first DB map actually, just to give you a small taste. :)

Hoping to release it some time next week, if all goes well!
mikflut

Post by mikflut »

just a suggestion.

I would sink your goals into the walls of the gym. I personally like them that way. It makes it easier for the keeper (he doesn't have to look behind him) and it just makes for less troubles when dealing with a cube-like map.

Just a personal preference.

Also, make sure there are high-res and low-res options embedded in the map for those of us who are playing on a gf2mx.

Thanks! Looks great from the screen tho.

Mikflut
[TFfF]PaqueMan

Post by [TFfF]PaqueMan »

Heh, that's funny...I was sitting in gym class the other day bored as hell and was thinking to myself "I should do a DB gym map" but gues you beat me to it :D Anyway, really nice job man, can't wait to play it! :spammer:
Sexy_Loser

Post by Sexy_Loser »

i think this map will be soooo cooool..... :D
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

put some padded mats around it, or make the goal look like a big mat.
JODECI

Post by JODECI »

Cool Looking map, one question tho, will the ball bounce higher of of the floor considering the materials its made off :D
aimbot

Post by aimbot »

JODECI wrote: Cool Looking map, one question tho, will the ball bounce higher of of the floor considering the materials its made off :D
I don't think those physics are available within UT, at least I didn't notice any change in bouncing ... all you get is a "walking on wood"-sound. ;)
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Hoju wrote: put some padded mats around it, or make the goal look like a big mat.

YES! in gym class in grade school we had a really cheap school but a full size high school gym so we always used 2 big blue pads as the net when we played indoor soccer and such. I think there'd be a problem with the goal not actually going in because on all current maps the goal triggers pushed back a bit to give the keep a bit more of a chance. You should prolly put Pads on but make the goal part of them have no volume to it so the ball can hit the actual wall to signal a goal.
Feep!

Post by Feep! »

i have already played it - it rocks.
aimbot

Post by aimbot »

Hm, I'll try to come up with something mat-like, but I will still have to put some kind of frame around it, so I can place the goal zone behind the keeper line... :eek:
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

looks like fun! hope to play it soon
The Hermit

Post by The Hermit »

aimbot wrote: Hm, I'll try to come up with something mat-like, but I will still have to put some kind of frame around it, so I can place the goal zone behind the keeper line... :eek:

Make the mat a non-solid object with a blocking volume the same size that blocks all but the ball, then put the goal zone just inside it. :D
aimbot

Post by aimbot »

The Hermit wrote: Make the mat a non-solid object with a blocking volume the same size that blocks all but the ball, then put the goal zone just inside it. :D
The problem is, I don't want people to be able to score be shooting the side of the mat ... I've now placed a wood frame around it (it looks "ok") and also left 2 piles of mats on the playing field.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

i hope that the trees wont kill fps like they did in shadow :(
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

perhaps make (some of) the trees bHighDetail = True (or something like that)