Help Me Fix The Volley Bug Thread <--by SuperBitch DB Cod

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

mpratt

Help Me Fix The Volley Bug Thread <--by SuperBitch DB Cod

Post by mpratt »

Hi Guys,

Help me fix this volley bug. I only have so much free time and I spend most of my time coding and not so much playing.

So I need to know how to reproduce this bug in game so I can see it. And I would like to here exactly what this bug is like in the experiance of deathball players.

This will help alot!

Thanks,
SUperBitch
Strideur

Post by Strideur »

If this is the bug where your hammer locks up, I've only had it happen once, just tonight.

It happened right after I got killed in the midst of charging up a shot while jumping. After I respawned from that death, my hammer was locked and would not fire. It was fixed after my next respawn, and I had very little time to experience the "lock" effect so I can't comment on any specifics of it. I do recall I couldn't tackle. I didn't handle the ball at that time, so I'm unsure of it's effect on that aspect.
Alars

Post by Alars »

it gets fixed once you get the ball, or get killed.
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

last night i was playing a pickup as (attempted) keeper. After they scored and i spawned, i couldnt boost my team mates - my hammer wouldnt fire (or make a noise even). I reconnected and it was fine.

I have only played two 2.1 games (inc the one above) and thus far only had it once. I think i had it only twice in the whole of 2.0 release.
CorDawg
Banned

Post by CorDawg »

i got it after i hammered the ball, it went the wrong way to i pressed both buttons at once and it locked up. o_O
Messy

Post by Messy »

Haven't played enough to get it in 2.1
Have had it in 2.0 numerous times.

Chances are higher when you get lag (try playing on euro servers superbitch, that might help you reproduce it :)).
I usually got it when I caught or fired just when celebration phase was over.
Don't know how this is with replays.
I also got it totally random a couple of times too, mid-game, on the field. I suspect it has something to do with firing while actually just getting it, or catching while actually just losing it due to reset or respawn.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I couldn't reproduce it yet.
I can just say what others report.
Some say its gone when you get the ball, but some have no pass lock when they have the ball....
So it looks like 2 bugs.

Matt, you should look through the altfire and primary fire code again. You probably caused a new bug while fixing the old weapon bugs
/me shrugs
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

In my experience it gets fixed if you die or if you get the ball. So I suspect it's something to do with a state change (if you kept the same sort of code structure that I put in place) or initialisation of the weapon.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

fixed if you get the ball? but whats with the "no lock" thing?
Messy

Post by Messy »

Catalyst88 wrote: In my experience it gets fixed if you die or if you get the ball.

Oh no! Oh no no :o
You can't shoot at all then :|

You won't get passing icons over teamies, and if you try to shoot, something very odd happens animation-wise, and you can't get rid of it until you get killed or reconnect.

Killing mostly fixes it though :) (although not always in 2.0)
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Hrm, different bug then. Might be related to the original shotbug rather than one introduced by the new system.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

im trying hard to get both bugs on a high ping server....but i never get them.
anyone there who gets it often and could help us?
The_One

Post by The_One »

Try charging up while it's switching from celebration mode to "game" (dunno what to call it) mode. Also while it's switching from celebration mode to replay mode. I get it quite a lot then.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

we can now reproduce 2 volley bugs, so that should be enough for now :)
Alars

Post by Alars »

i found yesterday that i could still hammer ppl when i thought i had the bug, so im guessing the animation just didnt play, i could volley and boost ppl as well.