I don't want to play soccer...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

I don't. I tell it like it is.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Don't tell us what you think in such a confrontational manner, be more constructive.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Remind me to never bother with edits in this thread again :)

...+1
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

Twigstir wrote: Not a single intelligent post in support of the self volley rule.

The rule does nothing to balance or stop individual play in REG deathball.

This I certainly have to agree with... who's going to do the self-volley in a reg game? I've seen it MAYBE once or twice and that was because it was a 1 on 1 and he did it to try and evade the defender and get a quickshot off. He missed anyway. If someone has a clean break they will certainly shoot it in favor of volley... so this only affects VO at best.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

There is not a single post with a logical counter to The One's, Esorcismo, and others statements.

The posts saying that the self volley is lame and egoing are also saying that powered and pass shots are lame and egoing. It's in their arguments, they just don't know it. The facts - All three are individual shots and can be abused.

I am abstract to people who don't understand what their own post's state.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Basically the "VO-Jugend" complaining? If so, we don't really care about this mode, since it harms Deathball in general in more than one aspect.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

the leader has spoken :) - TV is more interested in a slowerpaced stratigic game only then a fast passed action sport.. so be it - other mods are being made in these realms as well one day we will all have our cake and eat it too. gg all :)
Esorcismo
Banned

Post by Esorcismo »

DavidM wrote: Basically the "VO-Jugend" complaining? If so, we don't really care about this mode, since it harms Deathball in general in more than one aspect.

That's an opinion, not truth...
priior

Post by priior »

heh it's a very old propaganda technique:

if you repeat something often enough, everyone starts believing in it.

i'd liek to see some backing up to the following statements, not justa "Fait accompli" (oh i used a big word too.. my post must be more right)..
TV is more interested in a slowerpaced stratigic game only then a fast passed action sport
The posts saying that the self volley is lame and egoing are also saying that powered and pass shots are lame and egoing. It's in their arguments, they just don't know it. The facts - All three are individual shots and can be abused.
Not a single intelligent post in support of the self volley rule.

The rule does nothing to balance or stop individual play in REG deathball.

pls refrain from posting marginal opinion and making it look like widespread fact.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

I'm late to the party again.. as usual.

I can't add anything that I haven't said many times already. I support any changes that encourage teamwork over reckless play.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Always the bridesmaid.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Originally posted by DavidM
Basically the "VO-Jugend" complaining? If so, we don't really care about this mode, since it harms Deathball in general in more than one aspect.

Hey, I made up 'VO-Jugend' :D :o

And yeh, with VO slightly more gone, maybe people will grow to the reg DB community sooner instead of playing their silly VO games forever ;p (with all consequences :) some good, most neutral, none bad)

ps: Imag :o I wub you.
Your opinion counts ;p seeing as you provide a large portion of the community with servers \o/
Last edited by Messy on 25-08-2004 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Maelstrom
Banned

Post by Maelstrom »

Twigstir wrote: There is not a single post with a logical counter to The One's, Esorcismo, and others statements.

I am abstract to people who don't understand what their own post's state.

That is so true, your previous statement saying that the new ''rule'' doesn't stop ''egoing'' also is. It's not because you can't volley anymore that you can't hog. All of you against volleying that prefer to walk in the pbox and die should be aware of that by now.
siLVer

Post by siLVer »

hm maybe im the oinly euro who agrees with him. but "Stop taking away the stuff we like and leave it in." is why i´ve quit
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

gg davidm