Db lost to unwheel lolz!~!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i tried a very old version of unwheel.......well it was shit, but it was young
tried it again not long ago.....and it was still the same shit....
dunno whats going on with the judges
Capital_G

Post by Capital_G »

If we start comparing deathball to fifa these days then it doesn't leave much room for originality now does it?
Fifa.....top look, not at all team related, because one person owns an entire team.
Deathball is a First Person Sports Game.

I have not played any game like deathball, because all the football games I have ever heard of have a crappy multiplayer vailue, and concentrate on 1 person playing an entire team as the manager.

All that can be compared to it is that football mod for UT (which I never played, so I don't know) and maybe, remotely, bombing run. (very very VERY remotely tho).
CripTonic

Post by CripTonic »

David, Mario and Unreal are very comparable because Mario was the first playformer which a lot of other games drew from.

brief description of how games like Unreal were born:

Mario was released.

Games like doom that used the "mario's ass view" opposed to the standard side scroller basically putting you behind the player.

Games like Crash (for PS1) took the same concept and made it into a 3D environment but adding a wider XY plain.

Games like Mario and Unreal are compairable because one, down the line, is a direct descendent of the other. Completely denying that DB and Bombing Run have ANYTHING in common is ignorant. One of them was around first, and it sure wasn't DB.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

omg, will you shut up? :)
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

yeah, for once i agree with DavidM , stfu Criptonic
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

actually i'd say DB was more related to the Atari classic Pong (especially if you play VO SC) ;)

joke btw
The_One

Post by The_One »

It might be a joke but it's true.
Messy

Post by Messy »

CripTonic wrote: David, Mario and Unreal are very comparable because Mario was the first playformer which a lot of other games drew from.

brief description of how games like Unreal were born:

Mario was released.

Games like doom that used the "mario's ass view" opposed to the standard side scroller basically putting you behind the player.

Games like Crash (for PS1) took the same concept and made it into a 3D environment but adding a wider XY plain.

Games like Mario and Unreal are compairable because one, down the line, is a direct descendent of the other. Completely denying that DB and Bombing Run have ANYTHING in common is ignorant. One of them was around first, and it sure wasn't DB.

roflmao, you mean platformers? ;)

You really think Mario was the first platformer? :)

awww ^_^

Anyway, pretty much everything you said was bullshit, sorry.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

I can't understand how UT2Vote didn't even place in the tools category!

A map viewer and some tools to help the retarded configure their ini files?! WTH?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I suggested them in the mailing list to use a randomizer for phase 4, that at least makes "judging" quicker
speedy

Post by speedy »

give it up criptonic. :|
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

I don't understand why you all feel so offended with this choice...

First, it was pretty obvious Alien Swarm would win it. Then, if the judges think UnWheel should be in 3rd and DeathBall in 5th, who can blame them to be honest? After all, they are as unbiased as possible, and the DB community members/developers are certainly not.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

So what you are saying is that my opinion on deathball would only be reasonable if I didn't play it?

bs

i play lots of gametypes and mods and have no vested interest in any of them so my opinion is as valid as those so called judges. And by the way, why exactly do you think those official judges are unbiased?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

those judges give a fuck. its a job they have to do, playing stupid maps and mods all day long. they just try to get thru them as fast as possible

so a randomizer would do the same prolly -_-
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

At the end of the day David you dont need a crappy award to tell you that the mod you made is great. The fact that there are people (myself for instance) who are stiill playing it almost two years after you made it. This alone proves it has the longivity that i predict every other mod in the msu contest lacked.
DB gives something, not sure what, but it just makes you want to come back and play it, even when youve promised yourself youve "left the scene"
Ignore the contest David, your player base should be all the confirmation you need:

The mod you made is THE best mod for the unreal engine, bar none, you know it, we all know it.