DB 2.0 server issues

Problems setting up a server and other server related things

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Sandwich

Post by Sandwich »

Does anyone have that .ucl file? Or could you explain how to make the server create it? I followed all of your suggestions and now I am stuck on the .ucl file part because I don't know how to create it.

Thanks in Advance, Sandwich
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Howdy. Check the 8th post in this thread.
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

I just went to a lan, where i got a load of peeps playing some db (for ut2k4, released 4/6/04 (friday)).

We found that if someone ran a listen server, after a map change thier player would become invisbale to everyone else. happened on 3 peoples pc, even restart/restart ut2k4 didnt fix it.

The dedicated server worked fine though, and a lot of deathball fun was had :D lots of n00blets having a great time \o/
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

Yes i had that too, when i was playing on a server hosted by loaf, all we could see from him was a tiny red dot moving around.
Negative9

Post by Negative9 »

Hey Imag... what would i have to set to make the server VO. I have UT2Vote setup and standard deathball as the only gametype. I want to have standard and VO.

Booya!

Thanks guy.

Sorry if this has been answered before.. "VO server" and its variants do not make for good searching. You either get zero results or 5 billion results. ;)
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

There's a couple of ways to do it depending on what you want to allow game-wise. You can simply make your server VO, or create another votable gametype to let players choose Reg or VO.

The stuff you need is here: http://clanv3.recongamer.com/ut2vote40/BuD4VO.zip

There's a readme that explains what you need to do inside.
Negative9

Post by Negative9 »

Nipples... thanks big guy.