Quad-jump and Deathball

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

NitrousOxide

Quad-jump and Deathball

Post by NitrousOxide »

Quad-jump has two major uses in the current version, namely the abilty to boost a player about half the length of db-cube and to shoot volleys at an angle of approximately 30 degrees (from just outside the penalty zone).

By taking quad-jump out, it will make players think more carefully about the use of their sprint stamina, as boosting could no longer be relied upon to recover from a dire defensive position (as the boost would cover 25% of the distance).

The knock-on effect of this would make players think more about their formation, as comitting 3 of a 5-man team to attack could lead to vunerablity upon a turnover of the ball, especially if all 3 strikers exhausted their sprint stamina during the failed attack.

The volley shots would be a little easier for the keeper to judge, due to the shallower angle.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

maybe in the next version, they could put in the option to take out quad jump so ppl could see what it is like without it.

DONT MAKE IT OFF DEFAULT OR A FLAME-FEST WILL ENSUE
Arc^

Post by Arc^ »

lol..

Quad-jump is imo one of the best features in the game, and you wanna take it out only because YOU can stop volleys then...?! :confused:
Last edited by Arc^ on 14-03-2003 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

QuadJumps NOW

du NOT take them out by default
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

If (QuadJumps==0)
{
DavidM.Status = Flamed;
NitrousOxide.Status = Killed;
Rens2Sea.Status = Pissed;
}
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

ok you other ideas, maybe had a smalll smalll small chance and i mean small(becuase you seem to have absolutly no promblem with completly changing db's game play which would lose at least 3/4 of the the db players), but no way in f**king he11 are you going to convince anybody to take out quad jump, being able to use quad jump is a real skill and in integral to deathball's game play. it has a dramantic effect on: passing, shooting, defending and just about everything else in db.

if you really want to make these kind of changes please do something like cat did with gibball, ask davidm's permission and then make yourself dbsoccer. but baring that this kind of suggestion isn't practually useful to anyone except to make ppl mad, i would suggest to you that you think a little harder about the effects of your suggestions on db's game play, and if you find you don't like db's gameplay so much that you wish to completely change it, quite frankly don't play it but there are a lot of ppl that like db's gameplay a lot (even though some may disagree with smaller issues such as sprint, though that is probably the biggest change to db's gameplay yet)
Last edited by theberkin8or on 14-03-2003 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Insidious {FCU}

NOOOO

Post by Insidious {FCU} »

OMFG!

Are they starting about this here to:eek:
NOOO...
Damn what do these people think??
I totaly agree with Rens2sea...
DB is foked enough...
If u took Quadjump out to it would really be...
I dont know...
The idea alone is so fucked that i cant think of any good insults...
The idea...:ban:
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

ooo it makes sense now, it is one of those crazy pdb ppl bring thier crazy ideas to currupt over beloved forums ;)

now must go to pdb to flame all that think this is a good idea...damn i have the sudden urge to change my name to theSurgen8or or theberk027...:p

edit: omg it is mr opinion
Last edited by theberkin8or on 14-03-2003 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i wont bother taking it out
when we first played db (v0.8) it was with double jump and dodging everywhere
hell, what a crap
just for fun i activated quadjump...and it was so cool, it had to stay
its a pain without
f1end

Post by f1end »

How about putting it back like it was in 1.3b (or was it 1.3 or 1.4), where quad jumps were harder to pull off...they took timing then...now they are too easy.

/me dodges flames
L33FY

Post by L33FY »

OMG! Change quadjump :| Hes a madman
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i actually liked the old quad jumped cause all i had to do was quickly tap the space bar to do quad jumps every time... now i actually have to time it to get maximum height.

The old quad was actually better for catching long bomb jump passes too not to mention make it harder to volley. I honestly wouldnt mind going back to times quadjumps.
night

Post by night »

guess no one remembers i said this along time ago...

guess thats why im still alive...