How to not scare away noobs?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Corsair.br

Post by Corsair.br »

I´m a newbie and played my first two matches yesterday (all in public servers).

In the first match i play most of the game in midfield and manage to score twice (we lost for 7-5)

In the second match I played as keeper and lost 8-2 (not too bad because the statistics show i made 17 defences).

I am vary impressed by the game, too much fun!!! I wonder if there are anyone else from Brazil or South America playing DB to start a Team and a Server (the LAG is always around 160) because the servers are in US and Europe.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

Messy wrote: I've got my db-community + irc.quakenet.org spam-bind ready ;)

And yeah, remember your first time scoring :)

The rush of adrenaline as you got killed and your weak shot let out a load of firework and a screaming crowd, after 15 minutes you have just scored against what had thusfar been known to you as the best keeper you've ever seen, you might have even got hit by a defender.

You catched a pass you never thought you would have, and after a miserable attempt or two..it finally happened \o/

Crowd roaring through your speakers, volume up...you slowly lift up your hands and let out a faint cheer :D
That's when you're sold: this game rules!

I only had that feeling when i first scored on ThaGimic \o/
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Corsair.br wrote: I´m a newbie and played my first two matches yesterday (all in public servers).

In the first match i play most of the game in midfield and manage to score twice (we lost for 7-5)

In the second match I played as keeper and lost 8-2 (not too bad because the statistics show i made 17 defences).

I am vary impressed by the game, too much fun!!! I wonder if there are anyone else from Brazil or South America playing DB to start a Team and a Server (the LAG is always around 160) because the servers are in US and Europe.
I remember ye. You did very well for someone trying the game for the first time. It often takes rookies a while to grasp the concept of playing positions, but that's probably because in North America, soccer doesn't have the huge fanbase it enjoys in the rest of the world. Glad you had a good time too! Welcome to Deathball!
NeGyXo

Post by NeGyXo »

my first point was a touchdown :)
edit: 3 hours later i learned there were actual goals, i was so excited :P rage taught me all the basics i was like this game rocks :)
NeGyXo

Post by NeGyXo »

xiller8r wrote: not calling them n00bs might be a start:D
when i first started i called myself a n00b
bloodeh

Post by bloodeh »

We spamm "boost, boost, boost!" and they dont know what we want.

We say "pass, pass, pass!" and they dont know that they should use rmb.

They join a smallcube server, volley only with 10players... They dont know to volley. If they catch the ball and want to try to pace around, they are dead after 1-2secs. So they only think, "wtf is that" and leave the game
:hmmmz:
The_One

Post by The_One »

Hopefully the tutorial video is not far away but really there can be no excuse for not knowing how to pass. Spend a few minutes playing with bots before you go online and you'd work that out. Of course this only applies to a small minority.
Last edited by The_One on 28-07-2004 19:48, edited 1 time in total.