How not to scare away noobs part 2

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Ravno

How not to scare away noobs part 2

Post by Ravno »

Great mod, great fun, lacking players..

One possible reason for the lack of players could be people like FO (or FOS) Essoricmo (or something similar). Few enough people play, the name should be recognizable.

Having recently started playing I wasn't l33t like him so he took this as invitation to start acting like an a$$. It originated on another player that wasn't up to his standards then moved to me. Instead of offering anything constructive this arse just flamed and whined and cried..

I can understand an anonymous moron acting like this, but someone clanned? If these are the types of 'l33ts' you have representing your community then I'm sorry to say that people who make the download, install it, and have the pleasure of playing with this guy most likely wont be back.

I appreciate the efforts made by the 99% of the community that means well, unfortunately the one proves more powerful than the many..

People play to have fun, not judge their self worth by it and when someone like this guy obviously bases all his self-worth on how many volley's he can get in one match, and flames others who are trying to learn, it immediately leavs the arena of fun.

Ravno

(yes yes, I realize the great chance of illiciting even more flames for posting this in the first place, but thought someone out there may care to listen.)
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

yea gfk, shut up next time \o/
CripTonic

Post by CripTonic »

welcome to the game, prepare for a shitstorm for the first little while...

Avoid the FO server if you arn't very good (assuming you're from NA) and completely avoid VO (volley only) server. Try playing on the BuD server on simple maps like Cube, Curve, etc.. It might be a good idea to play defense at first and to drift up to O if others get killed while playing, so there will be people back field to cover for you (sorta).

...or do what I did when i started:

Insult people for spending too much time playing DB and tell them if they're so l337 they should stop sucking ass and pick up the slack for the team, it will exceptionally piss people off, especially people who think they're super good.

Something goes wrong, blame them.
Other team scores, blame them.
Anybody but them scores, congratulate them.
If they score say any noob could haev scored that shot or that it was all in the uber l33t pass by _________.

... You get the idea.
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

So become what u hate?:hmmmz:
xiller8r

Post by xiller8r »

something like that o/
Shev.npu
Banned

Post by Shev.npu »

or play on the 1234 servers! or get onto #dbpickup and become a veteran tbh
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I'm sorry you hafta get met into DB with that, I am a member of FO, I hate it when people in my clan do that stuff :/ sorry mate.

If you really have some interest in learning more about DB and becoming better. I'd suggest come hanging out with some of the veterain players on IRC, you'll find alot of the community is actually very helpful

if your in the USA/North America:
irc.gamesurge.net in #dbmixer / #ballers

anywhere else
irc.quakenet.com
#deathball #dbpickup

-

Unfortunately my Clan's Server has once again turned into a Mostly VO (volley only server) which makes it very hard for new people to get into the game, You might want to hitup one of these irc channels, asking some people for some help.

Pickup Games (Mixers) I think can be a good way to learn. people will help you learn the game.

and deffinately. join the Bud server over the FO server.

This is my Rookie Guide to hopefully help new players.
http://www.lagfrag.com/dbrookieguide

and join http://www.db-community.com there are alot of helpful deathball players on those forums also!

Welcome to DB! sux you had a rockey start :<

Fo|Inphidel
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

irc.quakenet.org * ;)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

oops :P
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

irc.enterthegame.com #db-au for Australians ;)
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

irc.gamesurge.net for dbcenter ;)
Last edited by Maegrim on 26-07-2004 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

eso isn't even l33t don't worry about him
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

neither are you berk \o/
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

Fuck even going online imo. When the bots are fully working then burn offline for at least a good few months. Come back own the living shite out of every one. reputation wins you the brownie points:p
XiD

Post by XiD »

I'm another member of Fo, and one of the short tempered ones. I have definately been trying to clean my act up, tho, and only rip on players who I know :P

If you were mistreated, I apologise. It does suck to be a new player and be flamed just because you are new - everyone here knows the feeling (except davidm, god he's a cyborg).

Inph had some great advice for beginning players, definately check out his beginner's guide. Helps a bunch.

I'm sure one of us will talk to eso, he needs to chill out like i have (or at least am still working at). He can get upset quickly for lack of talent. Trust me, I know - i have to put up with scrimming w/ him :P

But keep at it, you'll get the hang of it in no time and will no doubt be welcomed to the community.

Btw, hi o/