Body Deflect Abuse

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

Banana phone?
giber

Post by giber »

DIRT YOU ARE SO CHILDLESS BAN LOLZ DAVID M WILL OWN YOU POORLESS M8. NA KID I AM MAGNIFICO!
Infinism

Post by Infinism »

gg btw, Fooman is a Texan, which explains the sombrero/cowboy hat
InSaNe`

Post by InSaNe` »

lol tbh I gotta agree with Dirt..

Tune it down a bit o_O
tr1p

Post by tr1p »

theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

I haven't seen this trick but clearly the raduis should be the same as the deflect raduis for defenders, thus in the pbox and maybe a few "feet" out. This seems nothing more than an exploit.

but hey i got a great idea that would make everyone happy give us dribble back and defenders can have this exploit. k? k

btw gg foo using an exploit, sounds like something W would do gg texas

/edit there is no reason a defender should be using bounce when the other team has possetion of the ball anyway, so just make it not bounce when it is the other teams ball=problem fixed (around the pbox of course)
Last edited by theberkin8or on 15-06-2004 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
<_Kapi_>

Post by <_Kapi_> »

I agree with Dirt!!:p
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

pwnt
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

With 2 defenseman loading up the goal and holding right click it was near impossible to score. Even though no one is going to do this it's still possible so something has to be done.

One of these 3.

1. Disable bounce while in own PZ. I suggest this because it would fix the so called problem and isn't that big a disadvantage to the defense as long as balls don't go through defenders.

2. If player is in own penalty box and he bounces, randomize it in all directions.

3. Lower radius.

However, try to keep it so that balls still don't go through defenders as in 1.9b and before.
Last edited by Fooman on 15-06-2004 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

There are far too many variables that can throw off your complaint dirt.

Situation A: Two defenders with right click are in the penalty box, not in front of the goal.
Situation B: Two defenders are sitting in the net with right click held down.

Solutions:
Blocker boosts one or two away, negating the right click.
Blocker gets killed, therefore one of the right clickers is gone, making it easier.
Both people go for kill of blocker, eliminating both right clickers.
Both people go for shooter, meaning an open pass to a team mate, or a shot without their right clicks held down.
You pass to someone else, and since the D is drawn, they have an open shot.

Now in the slim chance that none of the solutions help you, there are faults that have occured. Either A) nobody on your team is open, which could be easily solved by passing back, B) your blockers didn't feel like boosting away the people in the net, therefore the problem is the fault of the blockers, or C) they went for the kill and got you.

There are far too many variables that completely eliminate this problem, but you seem to be too stubborn to actually think about any of the possible solutions, and would rather complain about a small thing that really has no effect on the game.

That's all.

-Weiss

EDIT:

Well that may not be all.

In order for this situation to occur, the offense for the opposition will have to be boosted back in order to get into formation for the block. If this happens, the offense for your team was either A) too slow moving the ball up, B) completely ignored attempting to block boost, or C) just waltzed around down the other end without trying to be aggressive in the attack.

Now in the slim chance that the people do get back, the teams that are stupid enough to stick two people in the penalty box, will have a strong disadvantage trying to get up on offense. Their people will be much further back then everyone else, allowing the opposition defense to get back much quicker then you can get up on offense.

To me, this problem seems like a non-factor. There are far too many things that can greatly affect the possibiliy of it occuring, and even then, the team that uses this so called exploit will be at a disadvantage when going back on the attack
Last edited by Weisso on 15-06-2004 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
liebs19

Post by liebs19 »

i have no problem deflecting shots when I play defense without holding right click... is it really that hard to do?

I see no problem with it being used that way foo showed in his illustration but it ends up being used the way dirt showed. The defenders drop back to the keeper box line and take away nearly the entire goal for an offender who is on an angle.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

i dunno. i just played a game tho it was a pub, there was 3 people in the enemy box and i scored just fine :/

it seemed easier to score you have alot more people open to pass to. all you need to do is get a lil bit close and stick it right over there heads or whatnot..
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

sorry weiss, but your argument is just wrong,

if a blocker comes in, first of all, he will die, second of all, the timing will have to be just right for the defender to release left click, kill the blocker, while the shooter charges and shoots, before the defender can get his right click back on.

also, a team that does this can still have an offense, granted they won't be very quck on transition, but for an essentially flawless defense, you may see teams do it.

Another thing to think about, is for pubs. If people start to do this in pubs, it will greatly discourage n00bs, and db needs all the help it can get.

The simple solution is just to decrease the radius.
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

hoju, i think you may have misread my post, cuz your first argument: "if a blocker comes in, first of all, he will die, second of all, the timing will have to be just right for the defender to release left click, kill the blocker, while the shooter charges and shoots, before the defender can get his right click back on." : is exactly what i mean.

The blocker will be there to distract one of the people in there. If the d goes out to kill the blocker, then the goal will be open on this side.

As i see it right now, I've played at least 15-20 games on 2.0, pubs, scrims, etc. and haven't run into this happening even once to me. Figure, that's upwards of 75-100 goals. And for this to not happen once to me, leads me to believe that the chances of it happening are so slim, that it is not a problem at all.

-Weiss
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

maybe cause in just about all those games you played there was no one holding down alt-fire and trying to block ur shots / passes? Foo was doing this for a little while but everyone else just caught on to it recently.. ppl still forget and don't even use it yet. Just wait.

Thats how abuses always work in new versions. At the beginning it's the same as normal then something comes up that works well and ppl start using it more and more and then eventually it is being abused. Not saying for sure that this will happen but it does make sense that you haven't seen it much yet.