it's ok
46%
Should be balanced and reduced a bit
54%

Total votes: 52

Rino

Deflect

Post by Rino »

Ok... to be honest, i'm fine with 2.0 and i think it's great...
ye it's bugged but they will fix it... yes skins are not so good but they will add many customizable things...
There is only 1 thing i disagree, and i say this against my sweeper position too... Couse with that kind of deflect is much easier to defend...
So the poll is
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

the current deflect is good i think, it is really random and thats the idea behind it
Fooman

Post by Fooman »

It's perfect.

Edit: It's perfect outside the box, inside not so much.
Last edited by Fooman on 15-06-2004 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Bounty

Post by Bounty »

yeah..what foo said :p
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

I hate it. It's annoying like shit.
-NS-FreshFruit

Post by -NS-FreshFruit »

deflect gives D 100% advantage and completely screws O right in the ass.
to keep everyone from running around holding down right click all the time, take it out or tone in down.
pretty soon, ppl are just gonna bind asdf to right click so they dont have to worry about holding it down all the time.
fro

Post by fro »

its fine,

d: learn how to use it properly.

a: learn to shoot, and not expect it to go through people anymore

also rino, based on last nights pickup on lau, you need all the help you can get :D
Last edited by fro on 15-06-2004 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
giber

Post by giber »

it is terrible and needs to be fixed. ruins an otherwise great release. (only ruins it because smacktards like foo abuse it.)
KillerRebel

Post by KillerRebel »

i think this thread needs more clarification... some are talking about .2 and some are talking about right-click held down... which is it!?
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Does it matter? Both need to be fixed.
KillerRebel

Post by KillerRebel »

.2 is fine by me... right-click held down has a different topic in which i have already posted
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

The things I hate about current deflect

1. I.e I stop a shot from an attacker (lets just say its 2 vs 1, cause it mostly is). The shots gets blocked, deflected and lands right in the volley radius of the other attacker (yes, it does happen!). He can either: 1. Pick it run, run to goal and shoot (cause im still at other attacker) 2. Volley it (cause im still at other attacker).

That is what annoys me. Also I don't get why people say it gives 100 % advantage to defenders, thats such bullshit. I'd love to catch it imo and make sure I know where it goes instead of that it randomly bounces to any direction. Hell, I've seen people shoot, hit a guy, and the ball deflects in own goal.

I have no current problems with the deflect tho, I take it as it as and will not moan (well, only this one :D)

As for freshfruit, it doesn't screws them in the ass, learn to aim properly as fro said and you won't hit anybody.
Willei

Post by Willei »

Like most additions to long standing games, the new deflect system has been greeted with a lot of hostility. People say that it makes attacking harder, there was never really a problem with people scoring enough goals was there?

I think it's better really, it was stupid being able to mostly shoot right through defenders. It also encourages people to pass more instead of going right for goal if they are blocked. But as Rage said, the ball often deflects into the path of another attacker, so overall the change hasn't impacted the balance of the game.

So; quit complaining and get used to it!
Onge

Post by Onge »

I think the deflect strength might be a little too strong (a deflected pass flying up into the sky and then the ball gets reset), but otherwise I think it's fine. It's certainly not as random as it was when first introduced...
Willei

Post by Willei »

Oh yeah, sometimes it's a bit glitchy - like when the ball is in a group of people and it gets deflected about 5 times even though it's traveling at about 2 CM/s. Other than that, deflect it A-OK!