DB beta 2.0 beta 4 bug thread

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

aimbot

Post by aimbot »

DavidM wrote: SmallCube
Still spawn facing own goal <- as planned \o/
no reason to face the enemy goal. atm you can just pass back to your guys immediately instead of shooting at the enemy goal for no reason

Btw. why don't you just call this map MediumCube (might add some length to the playing field as well) and also include the "old" SmallCube? The theme of the map is different enough to be viewed as a separate one.
Also I've seen people score own goals by shooting straight from the new spawn ... plus I've scored numerous goals by "no reason" shots in the old version. \o/
You might argue that this only happens in public games, but after all that's where the majority of DB gametime is spent from an all over perspective.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

old smallcube is crappy and unprofessional, so no
i dont care about people scoring from spawn point, they will learn it after 2 spawns...
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

imo the backwards spawn is rediculious. none of the other maps are like that and is confusing for new players. spawn on the side if you want, but this is asking for trouble no matter if its just one or 2 goals. with the ammount of new people that have been playing thats an everage of 1-2 goals a game score on own net :/

and the new small cube is fine. its only weird too us who have been playing the mod for along time. all the new players see that as how its always been. play some custom maps for more old style play. like blueridge.
Onge

Post by Onge »

Mongeh wrote: ICE DEMON
ball reset seems low,

Agreed.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Inphidel wrote: and the new small cube is fine. its only weird too us who have been playing the mod for along time. all the new players see that as how its always been. play some custom maps for more old style play. like blueridge.

There's been about 3 different versions of smallcube.
Onge

Post by Onge »

Look at the horizon in this screeny from November in 1.9...

Compared to the horizon in November in 2.0...

More fog needed in 2.0 methinks! The lack of fog is even noticeable when jumping, not just when specing from a high angle...
Mongeh

Post by Mongeh »

I'm baring with the new smallcube but surely the point of it is for 2on2/3on3 games. It then begs the question whether dave has thought about it as such, because in 2on2 when u have to turn pick up the ball their defender is on you srtaight away and thts health lost before u've done anything. Spawning to the side would be imo more sensible.

And your guy shudn't be behind you in 2on2, otherwise you're ttrying to move u pthe whole length of the pitch everytime, generally the keeper player will dodge out to half way'ish to cut down the distance.
Last edited by Mongeh on 02-06-2004 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

Spawning behind the ball is also inconsistent with all other maps.
DJ_KB

Post by DJ_KB »

DJ_KB wrote: - It takes long to start DB for the first time the reason : by the first start of DB, all ucl map files (and some ucl mutator files) from ut2004\system comes into deathball\system see
http://users.pandora.be/betapics/db.JPG

Will be fixed in the next patch.
"Fix for the UCL not exporting bug."
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... did=386485

So it's not a DB bug :)
{ULK}AcE

Post by {ULK}AcE »

wtcroaker...

There are too many bugs..
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I encountered the hammer bug a number of times today. I was in keep and whenever I saved the ball it would sometimes randomly drop it despite the fact I hadn't pressed anything.

I also think it would be nice if the ball spawn hurting people could be optional.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yaya, thats the next big thing for us to fix
its getting annoying
Onge

Post by Onge »

- Replay cams go through the walls in Curve
- Replay cam in Chill is at the wrong angle (cannot see the goal as the podium is in the way)
- Screens in Bowl don't work