New changes are Frustrating

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

New changes are Frustrating

Post by theberkin8or »

I was under the impression that the game play of DB was balanced and done... but it appears that Davidm no longer agrees. Change can be good but not the kind of changes you are making. Increasing shake time. there is no reason to do this, and the increased volley power from your own half has the possibity to make the game more spammy (think 1.5... which was why it was reduced). The shake time change is limiting in a time where db needs to be fun and open.

Please Focus on making deathball work completely for 2k4, instead of making changes to the fundimental values of game play (the .8 to .9 can make a big difference, even more so the jump from .7-.9)

Also as i meantioned before plz slow down on the updates they are going to confuse ppl becuase if there is a update every day n00bs are suddenly going to have thier copy of db not work and not know why. MAKE A UMOD!
Dream Killer

Post by Dream Killer »

Well I say wait for final version and play with it some before ya criticize them. Remember, never criticize someone until you walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes. OK that really doesn't apply here I just have always liked that quote. Hey Berk why don't you call me anymore? Daddy is getting lonely.
Messy

Post by Messy »

The changed shake time was needed to accompany the changed charge time and with that stop box camping slightly =/
CorDawg
Banned

Post by CorDawg »

berk you havent even played it stfu
you play deathball like 5 mins a day
nihility

Post by nihility »

berk r teh winnar you all sux kthx
Messy

Post by Messy »

O_o what was that good for?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i ignore people who judge changes before they even tried them properly, dont worry cordawg.
its ridiculous to call changes frustrating when they are out for 2 hours...
but thats the "default-moaners" in our community, got used to them.

as messy said. chargeup time was increased, shaketime was increased too, but not enough to have it fair for defenders. now its ok again.

enemy-volley-power-own-half: it was annoying when you couldn't play a proper long pass via volley, because it was so low power. that's worse than that bit of spam. Oh and if defenders spam it out, it resets, and attackers can pick it up again.
-=LyNx=-
Banned

Post by -=LyNx=- »

2.0 > 1.9 imo
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

idd, but im too lazy to hax my old crosshair in :(
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

the frustrating part is not the changes themself but the idea that the changes are being made after at least one statement indicating the game play would stay the same and that from now on it would just be bug fixing or cosmetic changes.

I know why the charge up was added but it wasn't a problem if ppl don't hit you at the wrong time ppl can't shoot past the shake. The point is 1.9b was fine but now people who want to shoot have to relearn the amount of time when a hit OCs your shot.... which isn't horrible but there was no whoring or anything going on that made this change neccessary.

It seemed most everyone liked 1.9b (and those that didn't I am sure were not brought back by these changes) don't try and fix stuff when it isn't broken. You have been through this plenty of times, ppl don't like changes to gameplay so don't do them unless they are abosolutly neccassary, which these changes clearly aren't.

Not that it matters too much considering what I am arguing but I have tried it and to my knowledge these are all "final" so i don't need to wait to talk about them.
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

Messy wrote: The changed shake time was needed to accompany the changed charge time and with that stop box camping slightly =/
Extra shake stops box camp? :D

Y'know what would be fun... an andrenaline version of DB :o

[make booster top up so u can take 3 hits or smth, speed like sprint, invisible what it is (it wont help anyway) and beserk errr ... makes your hammer go really fast? O_o
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

and camouflage to disguise yourself as the ball :o
Chubbs

Post by Chubbs »

invisible what it is (it wont help anyway)

wtf, invisible would be very useful, all you need to do is just sneakily make your way into the enemy pbox, or camp in the goal, you get a pass then BOOM! :lol:
f1end

Post by f1end »

i know...i'll just pass to that invisibleguy i can't see in the penalty box ;)
nameless

Post by nameless »

invisible ... not the player, but the ball for the other team, so the oponent team can t see where the ball is. But pass animation must be locked as well.