Removal of Sprint.

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Imo

Post by Imo »

Kr4ng wrote: I think sprint is not that bad. imo most people joust fear to "learn" how to use it. With sprint there woukld be a more surprising feature in the game as it is now without sprint.

Yeah, the game could be a bit more exciting with sprint. (Without the sound which makes you want to piss).

Shame everyone in EU learnt to play without it.

Forgive the bitter Aussies for wanting sprint... they're just bitter about loosing the rugby.
Last edited by Imo on 08-01-2004 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Messy

Post by Messy »

Dude don't forget the ozzies :(

I don't mind a few mb extra to download because of the code being longer O_o
The problem is, dear ozzies, that the euros never got used to sprint. And I must say, I have never gotten used to it either, simply because it never got used.

I can see the tactical depth, and I have no idea why sprint should be taken out for those that don't use it.
Doesn't that mean it does not apply to them? Afaik the only people that have anything to do with sprint are the ozzies, and you can't deny them as a community just because they live far away from the teamvortex members and speak funny.

You could call it racism, discrimination, whatever, the thing is that, besides being less radical and having no need for a word with such a controversial charge on it, you ARE ignoring the ozzy community, and whatever you are going to call it, there is no way you can deny that :eek:

I vote put it back the way they want it -.- plz? O_o

I don't see any reason to remove it besides it causing bugs in newly added 2.0 code, so if this doesn't apply, can you please put it back? :o pwetty pwease with a cherry on top ;) pweasey weasey teasey weasey easy peasy lemon squeezy? >_<

ps: The sound belongs there, it's part of sprint and the situation arma gave us exactly described it's need.

edit: oops I meant 2.0 not 1.9 :) Fixed
Last edited by Messy on 08-01-2004 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Imo wrote: they're just bitter about loosing the rugby.
You watch that boring s**t? Why watch sports when you can PLAY it? ;)

EDIT: <3 Messy.
Last edited by Armagon on 08-01-2004 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Imo

Post by Imo »

Armagon wrote: You watch that boring s**t? Why watch sports when you can PLAY it? ;)

EDIT: <3 Messy.

at least they can sprint. ;)

and yep, it is boring... i dont watch it.
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

whats the bet mr davidm gave this post 1 look and is now gonna ignore it ;p

<3 messy too :p
Messy

Post by Messy »

Yay I'm smaller than 3 \o/ thx guys ;)

<3 back ;p

BTW: Since DaJero is now the new PR guy next to davidm and doing his job pretty well, I'm sure he'll read these posts again and comment on it :o right? ^^;
|Taken|

Post by |Taken| »

I'm sorry but how long has it been since sprint was bloody used? Who cares anymore, this conversation is rediculous.
priior

Post by priior »

what is.. a u s t r a l i a?

:)
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

gg taken, ignoring the whole post
Messy

Post by Messy »

|Taken| wrote: I'm sorry but how long has it been since sprint was bloody used? Who cares anymore, this conversation is rediculous.

The ozzies had been using it for a long time untill teamvortex tweaked it wrong :(
I think they quit using it when 1.9 came out? x_X
No idea :)
|Taken|

Post by |Taken| »

Yeah i only read the first couple posts :p
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

DB 1.9's sprint was just too badly balanced to be fun (mostly because of the jumping while sprinting). The balance was best in 1.6. All that really needs to be changed in 1.9 sprint is that players cannot jump while sprinting, and ALL jumps take stamina (I noticed that the first jump you do from the ground doesn't take any stamina away). The regeneration speed and amount taken is fine as is though the total should be about 3/4 of its current amount. This wouldn't take THAT much work would it? :<
Last edited by Armagon on 08-01-2004 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Okay, well I haven't seriously spoken to DavidM yet, I'll try to soon.

I spoke to Armagon about it on ICQ, and I can see why you would want it back. I can't promise anything, but I'll try.
Onge

Post by Onge »

I hated sprint, and never used it. I use to avoid servers which had it on...But I do think if possible it should stay as there are those who like it...
-LyNx-
Banned

Post by -LyNx- »

its lame